Diploma Distribution Guidelines
Select an area to learn more about diploma distribution policies.
Important: Mailed diplomas will not be forwarded by the Post Office.
- If you expect to move after graduation, update the Home Address in your Student Center while you have access to ConnectCarolina.
- If your diploma has already been mailed, it might be returned to our office, but it might not. If it is returned, we are happy to send it to your new address (if you have one listed); otherwise, we will keep it in our office until you contact us.
- If it is not returned, you will be responsible for ordering a replacement copy.
- Diplomas sent to international addresses are shipped via regular international US postal service, which does not include tracking information.
- Be aware that diploma tubes must pass through the destination country’s Customs Office, which can significantly delay delivery.
Note: Graduates with overseas home addresses may want to consider requesting expedited delivery (see below), which includes tracking information.
Note: This service includes provides tracking information and expedited delivery. Please email the Records Team for instructions.
- Diplomas for professional graduate degree recipients are available for pick-up in the Registrar’s Office on Commencement Sunday and throughout the month of May. In early June those which remain are mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina).
- Diplomas for MA/MS and undergraduate degree recipients are ordered after Commencement and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-July.
- Diplomas for JD degree recipients are printed in July and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in early August.
- Diplomas for all December degree recipients are ordered after graduation and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-February.
- Diplomas for all August degree recipients are ordered after graduation and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-October.
- Mailed diplomas are shipped via standard US postal service, which does not include tracking or delivery confirmation. See above for Expedited Delivery options. Also see Important Graduation Dates regarding deadlines for expedited delivery or other special handling requests.
- If it has been more than four weeks since your diploma should have arrived according to the distribution schedule below and you still reside at the Home Address listed on your ConnectCarolina account, email your name, PID, and home address to the Records Team to request assistance.
Have questions about diploma distribution?
Send an email to the records team at email@example.com.