|Diploma Distribution Guidelines|
|Diploma Distribution Dates for Graduates by Commencement Month|
- The home address listed in ConnectCarolina at the time of graduation is where mailed diplomas are sent. It is your responsibility to make sure that this is where your diploma should be delivered (see distribution schedule below).
Click to view instructions on how to update your home address information.
Important: Diplomas will not be forwarded by the Post Office. If you expect to move after graduation, update your home address before you leave town. If your diploma has already been mailed, it might be returned to our office, but it might not. If it is returned, we are happy to send it to your new address (if you have one listed) or keep it here until you contact us. If it is not returned, you will be responsible for ordering a replacement copy.
If it has been more than four weeks since your diploma should have arrived according to the distribution schedule below and you still reside at the home address listed on your ConnectCarolina account, email the Records Team for assistance. Be sure to include your name, PID, and home address.
Mailed diplomas are rolled into white 18” mailing tubes and sent via USPS.
Diplomas sent to international addresses must pass through the destination country’s Customs Office; please be advised that this can significantly delay delivery.
Graduates may request delivery of their diploma via Federal Express at a cost of $15/domestic, $30/international, which provides tracking information and expedited delivery. Please contact Records at 919-962-9861 if this is of interest.
- Diplomas for professional graduate degree recipients are available for pick-up in the Registrar’s Office on Commencement Sunday and throughout the month of May. In early June those which remain are mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina).
- Diplomas for MA/MS and undergraduate degree recipients are ordered after Commencement and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-August.
- Diplomas for JD degree recipients are printed in July and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in early September.
- Diplomas for all August degree recipients are ordered after graduation and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-October.
- Diplomas for all December degree recipients are ordered after graduation and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-March.
Have questions about diploma distribution?
Send an email to the records team at email@example.com.