Understanding Enrollment Appointments
Please use the content below to help answer any questions you might have regarding enrollment appointments at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Students who have completed a higher number of terms in residence are given an earlier registration start date than students with fewer completed terms in residence.
- Within each grouping of completed terms in residence, students are randomly assigned appointment times.
- Graduate and professional school students are randomly assigned appointment times.
- The initial registration for students in the programs below will be handled by their school registrars:
- First-year Law
- First-year MBA
- Master of Accounting
The purpose of this process is to spread registration over time so that the computer system can better handle the load. We cannot change your enrollment appointment due to a conflict in schedule.
Remember that your enrollment appointment is only the beginning of your registration period, and you have through the term starting to add classes. Check registration dates each term (including the last dates to add and drop online at http://registrar.unc.edu/academic-calendar/).
Note: Priority enrollment appointments approved through PRAC are scheduled from 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM.
To find out your enrollment appointment date/time for the term:
- Log in to your ConnectCarolina Student Center
- Click on the link under “Enrollment Dates”
- Select the term
You will be able to start enrolling on the date and time of your enrollment appointment.
After this time, the registration system will operate on a 24/7 schedule (24 hours/day, 7 days/week), except for occasional times when the system is down for maintenance.
Please note that support from campus offices will only be available during normal business hours.
- Remember to check any holds you have that will prevent registration prior to your enrollment appointment starting, and continue checking that section throughout the registration period! To check holds, go to the Holds section on your ConnectCarolina Student Center. Some students and departments require advising appointments prior to enrolling for the term. If this applied to you, you will see an Advising hold.
- Carolina Courses Online course registrations will also be added by the registrar of the Friday Center.
- If you are graduating at the end of the current semester and have not been officially admitted into a new program, you will not be activated to register.
- Review important University policies located at http://registrar.unc.edu, under “Registration” and then “Registration Policies.”
Questions? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help!