In the ConnectCarolina system, students have access to real-time data, an integrated search engine, a course planner, and a “shopping cart” feature of the classes for which you wish to register this term.
|Access Your ConnectCarolina Student Center|
|Web Registration Options|
|Web Registration Tips|
Accessing Web Registration for Fall 2011 will be in ConnectCarolina:
- Go to MyUNC portal.
- Enter your ONYEN and password to log in.
- Click on the ConnectCarolina Student Center Link
Once you’re in your ConnectCarolina Student Center, you have a few different options for adding courses:
- Search For Classes
You can search for classes and add them to your Shopping Cart, and then enroll in those classes once your Registration Appointment starts. Note: Adding a class to your shopping cart does not automatically register you for the class, or guarantee a seat will be available when you try to enroll in the class. When adding classes to your shopping cart, be sure to follow through all the steps, until you see a message that the class has been added to your Shopping Cart.
- Enroll in Classes
You can enroll in classes from the “Enroll” then “Add” tab once your Registration Appointment starts.
- Place courses in your Planner
You can put courses in your Planner, and then enroll from your Planner. Note that adding a class to your planner does not automatically register you for the class, or guarantee a seat will be available when you try to enroll in the class.
To EXIT the system, log out and close the web browser. For security reasons, you do not want to use the “Back” button on your browser to exit the system. Never get up from a public workstation and leave your schedule on the screen or your web registration session active.
- Check the notes section for classes ahead of time to see if the departments have placed restrictions on the classes.
- The web registration system times out in 20 minutes if no activity occurs during your session, and you will have to log back in.
- Once you’ve followed all the steps to add classes to your Shopping Cart or Planner, and have received a message that the class has been added to your Shopping Cart or Planner, they are saved there and will appear when you log back in.
- If you need to log in to the public class search and your ConnectCarolina Student Center at the same time, you must use two different browsers.
Have a question on registering for classes at UNC?
Contact the registration services team.