On behalf of the UNC Catalog team, we are pleased to announce the publication of the 2018-19 University Catalog.
(You may need to refresh your browser.)
We wanted to highlight several new features in the Catalog, in addition to six (6) new undergraduate programs (majors, minors).
New Features & Pages
- Explore Undergraduate Programs. This enhancement tool allows students (both current and prospective) to select from a variety of categories and options to find a program (degrees, majors, minors) that fits their academic interests.
- A-Z Program List of all undergraduate majors and minors.
- Course Search Page. Explore all active courses in the inventory using a variety of search options (e.g., keyword, department, General Education tag). For example, a keyword search on the word “food” yields 57 courses with the word “food” in either the title or description. You can also access the Course Search page using the link from the top navigation toolbar throughout the Catalog.
- Undergraduate internship directory, including a list of departments/curricula/schools, courses, and Web site links to more information about the process and approval for obtaining internship credit.
- Revised template for 4-year Sample Plans, with more color contrast. We also added sample plans to more undergraduate majors. Example: Psychology Major, B.A.
- Added Toggles to expand/hide long course lists. Example: Communication Studies Major, B.A.
New Undergraduate Programs
- Neuroscience Major, B.S.
- English and Comparative Literature, B.A. (revised degree name; several new concentrations)
- Conflict Management Minor
- Food Studies Minor
- Health and Society Minor
- Heritage and Global Engagement Minor
- Archived editions of the Catalog are available. In addition to PDF versions, an HTML version is available for the 2016-17 and 2017-18 editions.
- Download/Print options. Select the “Print Options” icon in the upper right corner if you wish to print a single page of the Catalog, download a PDF of a single page or the entire Undergraduate or Graduate Catalog.