Check out the Commencement page for detailed information
- To graduate “with Distinction” or “with Highest Distinction” a student must have completed at least 45 academic hours at UNC-CH and have obtained a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 and 3.8 respectively.
Visit the Diploma Distribution page for additional information on receiving your diploma.
- Check your name — Your diploma will be printed with the full legal name listed on your ConnectCarolina account. You confirmed your name during the “Apply for Graduation” process; please check again, especially if you requested a change. If this is not the name that appears on your current driver’s license or passport, bring your documentation to the Registrar’s Office to process a name change. Remember: if a requested name change is not processed by the posted deadline, the cost of a replacement diploma is $25.
- Check your address – It is your responsibility to ensure that your home address is correct, as this is where your diploma will be sent. Remember: diplomas will not be forwarded by the Post Office.
- Check your Student Center for holds – Certain holds, if not resolved prior to graduation, may prevent the release of your diploma. Click on each hold for information on its impact and, if necessary, follow any included instructions for resolving while you still have access to your ConnectCarolina account.
If you are taking a correspondence course to fulfill your last requirements:
- Let the instructor know that you plan to graduate at the end of the semester.
- Make sure all work is completed by 4 weeks prior to graduation.
- Arrange to take the final exam by the last day of exams. Begin this process at least 3 weeks prior to graduation.
- Remember that temporary grades (IN, AB, and SP) take time to be changed to permanent grades. It is recommended to take care of temporary grades well before graduation.
Have questions about graduation?
Send an email to the records team at firstname.lastname@example.org.