For a public university to be approved for payments of benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill or the Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty, the public institution cannot charge qualifying veterans and dependents tuition and fees in excess of rates for resident students for terms beginning after July1, 2015.
Under the Choice Act, a “covered individual” meets these qualifications:
- A veteran, dependent of a veteran, or a spouse/child using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship.
- The veteran “lives” in the state in which the institution of higher learning is located, regardless of his/her formal state of residence.
- The veteran enrolls in the school within three years of the veteran’s discharge from active-duty service.
- View additional information on the Veterans Choice Act
- Download the application for the Veterans Choice Act
- Review a list of frequently asked questions
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.