Review your student rights below:

Students with physical/mobility disabilities who have concerns about the accessibility of their classes should contact the Department of Disability Services while they are planning their course schedule.

The staff of Disability Services will request that the University Scheduling Office move a course to a more accessible location or work with the instructional department to make other reasonable accommodations.

Note: Courses are assigned to rooms before students register for classes.

Information compiled under the Federal Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act is available on request from the Business Office of the Department of Athletics.

The University’s Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment, and Related Misconduct prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment based on the following protected statuses:

  • Age
  • Color
  • Disability
  • Gender
  • Gender Expression
  • Gender Identity
  • Genetic Information
  • National Origin
  • Race
  • Religion
  • Sex
  • Sexual Orientation
  • Veteran Status

For additional information on the protected statuses under this policy, please see:

Please contact the Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office for more information at or (919) 966-3576.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives the right of access to the education records of students attending the University to the students themselves, regardless of age. Even if a student is a minor, parents may not access student education records without consent of the student, or unless an exception to FERPA applies.

Note: University employees in other offices who receive requests for student information from parents call the Office of the University Registrar to verify that the parents are legally qualified to receive the information. Upon request the Office of the University Registrar will send a copy of the imaged form to the requesting department for its files.

If a student is claimed as a dependent on the student’s parent’s federal income tax return, either of the student’s parents may obtain access to the student’s education records without the student’s prior written consent.

To be eligible to receive information under this section, parents must:

Because tax dependency can change from year to year, parents who wish to establish eligibility to receive information from their student’s education records must complete a new certification and submit their most recent federal tax returns each year.

  • When the Office of the University Registrar receives a completed certification and attachment, it images the documents and indexes them so they can be retrieved.

Please use the following link to learn more about Tuition Surcharge at UNC-Chapel Hill.