Tar Heel Tracker
Stay up-to-date with the latest Tar Heel Tracker news. Check out the Tar Heel Tracker Newsletter page.
What is the Tar Heel Tracker
The Tar Heel Tracker report is part of a suite of degree audit tools that lists all of the requirements for a student’s degree, including (but not limited to):
- Minimum number of hours required
- General Education requirements
- Major requirements
- Minor requirements
The Tar Heel Tracker will show if a requirement has or has not been satisfied, and is a useful tool that allows the student and the advisor to chart the student’s academic progress towards graduation.
Benefits of the Tar Heel Tracker
- Provides a real-time look at a student’s academic requirements.
- Provides an ability to generate data for reports that students and advisors may use for course planning.
- Allows authorized personnel to enter course adjustments for students who may have courses that need to be moved to other requirements.
- Improves consistency in advising appointments.
- Registration planning: students can view courses in their unsatisfied requirements and see which courses are available in upcoming terms.
- Students and advisors can explore options by running What If reports (change their majors, add majors and / or minors) and by adding planner or what if courses.
How to Use the Tar Heel Tracker
Approved UNC Staff please use the following link to sign up for training.
Have a question about the Tar Heel Tracker?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.