Skip to main content

According to federal law, once a student enrolls at the University, the student’s parents no longer have automatic access to the student’s education records unless they claim the student as a dependent for federal income tax purposes or have the student’s written consent.

To establish that your child is your dependent for these purposes you will need to:

Send all items to the Office of the University Registrar:

Office of the University Registrar UNC-Chapel Hill Suite 3100,
SASB North
CB# 2100
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-2100

We are here to help!

If you need help with any registration related questions, contact us!