Grading Information for Students
- Since the university no longer prints grade reports, students can order an official transcript.
- If grade verification is needed for employer reimbursement, or for any other reason, you can obtain a copy of your transcript. Visit the transcript section of our website for more information on how to obtain a transcript by mail.
- If you have any outstanding financial obligations to the University, you will not be able to view your grades or receive a copy of your transcript until payment arrangements are complete. Once your financial hold has been released, you will be able to access grades and transcript services.
Use the links below to view additional information for students on Grading policies at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Remember that University policy gives faculty 72 (business) hours after the final exam to enter grades. The Registrar will post approved grades to ConnectCarolina several times a day. Your cooperation is requested to help prevent system slowdowns by NOT constantly refreshing to see grades.How to Check your Grades online
To find your grades:
- Login at http://connectcarolina.unc.edu.
- Click on the Login to ConnectCarolina Student Center link.
- Locate the ‘Other Academic…‘ dropdown box on the left.
- Select the option labeled ‘grades‘.
- Click the go button next to the dropdown box.
To determine the grade point average, first determine the total quality points earned by multiplying the number of grade points awarded for each course by the course’s assigned number of semester credit hours and adding the resulting quality points earned for each course. Then divide the total quality points earned in the term by the number of semester credit hours attempted (for letter grades) in the term.
|Total Quality Points Earned||44.80|
|Total Graded Hours||17.0|
|Term Grade Point Average||44.80 ÷ 17.0 = 2.635|
If a student believes there is an error in the reporting of a grade, he or she should contact the instructor of the course. If appropriate, the instructor will initiate an online grade change request. Once the request has been successfully initiated and approved, the updated grade will automatically appear on the student’s record.
Note: Any questions regarding a grade or a grade change request should be directed to the course instructor.
Each fall and spring semester, undergraduates who complete a full course load and earn outstanding grades are recognized by inclusion on the University’s Dean’s List. Each time a student is included on the list, his or her official record will note Dean’s List for that semester.
Dean’s List is compiled after each fall and spring semester; it is based on the student’s work in that semester only.
To be included, a student must have a 3.500 grade-point average with no grade lower than a C if enrolled in at least twelve hours of letter-grade credit, exclusive of physical education activities (PHYA) courses. The GPA used is based on the grades recorded at the time the Dean’s List is published. No changes are permitted to the Dean’s List after that date.
Students can verify their inclusion on the Dean’s List by following the directions on the Dean’s List web page.
Have a question about Grades?
Contact the records team at email@example.com