To receive VA benefits at UNC-CH, you must:

  • Be admitted to the university and officially registered for courses.
  • Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA or if that document is not yet available, you may submit a copy of your initial application for benefits (22-1990, 22-1990e, or 22-5490).
  • Read, sign and return the Agreement for Students Receiving Veterans Educational Benefits. This document is provided to explain the guidelines and responsibilities for receiving payment from the VA and should be submitted before your initial enrollment certification.
  • Complete and submit the UNC-CH Veterans Educational Benefits Enrollment Data Form from your UNC email address.

After completion, all documents may be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the UNC-CH Veteran Services office:

Office of the University Registrar
Attn: Veteran Services
SASB North, Suite 3100
Campus Box 2100
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Fax: (919) 962-3349


If you have been receiving VA benefit payments at UNC, you will only need to submit the UNC-CH Veterans Educational Benefits Enrollment Data form each semester from your UNC email address.


If you have used VA educational Benefits at a previous college you must complete a Change of Place of Training form (22-1995 for Ch. 33, 30, or 1606 benefits) (22-5495 for Ch. 35 benefits) to transfer your benefits to UNC.


You must provide admit documents (copy of UNC application, admit letter, copies of prior college transcripts). You can usually request that this information be sent directly from your graduate dept. to Jan Benjamin, the School VA Certifying Official.

MBA Students

Documents may be emailed, mailed, or faxed to the VA Certifying Official in Kenan-Flagler Business School for your MBA program:

Full-time MBA Program:

Pia Bunton
Phone: 919-962-0929
Fax: 919-922-8836

Evening, Weekend, OneMBA programs:

Miranda Fearrington
Phone: (919) 962-3122
Fax: (919) 962-0551

MBA@UNC Program:

Anna Kerns
Phone:  (919) 962-135
Fax: (919) 962-0159