All students must apply for graduation through their ConnectCarolina account.
Directions for Applying to Graduate
- Go to the ConnectCarolina portal (Internet Explorer recommended).
- Log-in to your ConnectCarolina Student Center with your UNC Onyenand Password.
- Select Apply for Graduation from the drop-down box on the Academics tab.
- Follow the directions to confirm all program and personal information.
Important: If you do not see the “Apply for Graduation” link, you are not currently eligible to apply. If you believe this is in error, contact your graduate program or undergraduate academic advisor.
For a list of graduation-related dates and deadlines, visit Important Graduation Dates.
Important: Late applicants are not guaranteed to be listed in the Commencement Program.
Full LEGAL Name and HOME Address
During the “Apply for Graduation” process you are asked to confirm your full legal name and home address information.
Your full legal name as listed in the University’s records will be printed in the Commencement Program and on your diploma. To confirm the accuracy of your name, including spelling and punctuation:
- Login to your ConnectCarolina Student Center
- Click the Home link (located in the top-right corner of the page)
- Click Update Personal Information (located on the left side of the page under SelfService)
If this is not the name on your current driver’s license or passport, name changes are processed through the Office of the University Registrar.
Mailed diplomas are shipped after graduation to the home address listed on your ConnectCarolina account (see Diploma Distribution Dates). If this is not where you want your diploma sent, you can update your address in your Student Center.
Have questions about graduation?
Email the Records team at firstname.lastname@example.org.