Diploma Distribution Guidelines
Designating Your Home Address
The Home Address listed in ConnectCarolina is where mailed diplomas are shipped. It is your responsibility to make sure this is where your diploma should be delivered by the posted deadline.
Note: Learn how to update your home address in your Student Center.
Forwarding Mailed Diplomas
Important: Mailed diplomas will not be forwarded by the Post Office.
- If you expect to move after graduation, update the Home Address in your Student Center while you have access to ConnectCarolina.
- If your diploma has already been mailed, it might be returned to our office, but it might not.
- If it is returned, we are happy to send it to your new address (if you have one listed); otherwise, we will keep it in our office until you contact us.
- If it is not returned, you will be responsible for ordering a replacement copy.
Mailing Diplomas to International Addresses
- Diplomas sent to international addresses are shipped via regular international US postal service, which does not include tracking information.
- Be aware that diploma tubes must pass through the destination country’s Customs Office, which can significantly delay delivery.
Note: Graduates with overseas home addresses may want to consider requesting expedited delivery (see below), which includes tracking information.
Expedited Delivery of Diplomas
Federal Express Diploma Delivery
Graduates may request delivery of their diploma via Federal Express at the following link: Diploma Fed Ex Delivery Form. Federal Express diploma shipping cost is as follows:
Note: This service includes providing tracking information and expedited delivery.
Policies for Spring Diploma Distribution
Unless special arrangements have been made by departments, diplomas for all May degrees are ordered after graduation and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in early August.
Policies for Fall Diploma Distribution
- Diplomas for all December degree recipients are ordered after graduation and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-February.
Policies for Summer I & II Diploma Distribution
- Diplomas for all August degree recipients are ordered after graduation and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-October.
- Mailed diplomas are shipped via standard US postal service, which does not include tracking or delivery confirmation. See above for Expedited Delivery options.
- If it has been more than four weeks since your diploma should have arrived according to the distribution schedule and you still reside at the Home Address listed on your ConnectCarolina account, email your name, PID, and home address to the Registrar’s Office to request assistance.
Important: Also see Important Graduation Dates regarding deadlines for expedited delivery or other special handling requests.
Have questions about diploma distribution?
Contact the Registrar’s Office at: email@example.com.